This content is moving to our new Student Central on Union website at http://redesign.registrar.indiana.edu/intertrans.shtml. Please update your bookmarks.
Each year many students transfer from one campus of the university to another to continue their studies toward a degree. Few other multi-campus universities are organized in such a way to accommodate or facilitate these transfers. Credits transferred from one campus of Indiana University to another will be evaluated and accepted in terms which are at least as favorable as credits from other institutions, applying the same criteria used in evaluating external credits.
Students who wish to transfer from any IU campus to another should follow these procedures:
- Inform your academic advisor of your decision as soon as possible. Degree
requirements may vary from one campus to another but if your advisor
knows of your plan, your academic program may be designed to meet the
requirements of the campus you will eventually attend.
- Fill out the appropriate intercampus transfer application at http://www.iupui.edu/~moveiu/.
- Keep Bloomington intercampus transfer application deadlines in mind. They are:
Semester Application Deadline
- Contact the department chairperson (or the designated advisor) at the
campus you plan to attend. Discuss your plan and ask about any special
procedures. For example, transfers in fine arts must submit portfolios of
their work and music transfers must audition.
- When you arrive on the new campus, contact your designated advisor as
soon as possible. Discuss your academic progress to date and the
additional course work required for your new degree program.